Covered by NYDaily News. Las Vegas man accused of threatening a prominent attorney and making vile remarks.
Covered by New York Times, and other outlets. Fake heiress accused of conning the city’s wealthy, and has an HBO special being made about her.
Accused of stalking Alec Baldwin. The case garnered nationwide attention, with USAToday, NYPost, and other media outlets following it closely.
Juror who prompted calls for new Ghislaine Maxwell trial turns to lawyer who defended Anna Sorokin.
Clients can use our portal to track the status of their case, stay in touch with us, upload documents, and more.
Regardless of the type of situation you're facing, our attorneys are here to help you get quality representation.
We can setup consultations in person, over Zoom, or over the phone to help you. Bottom line, we're here to help you win your case.
The Spodek Law Group understands how delicate high-profile cases can be, and has a strong track record of getting positive outcomes. Our lawyers service a clientele that is nationwide. With offices in both LA and NYC, and cases all across the country - Spodek Law Group is a top tier law firm.
Todd Spodek is a second generation attorney with immense experience. He has many years of experience handling 100’s of tough and hard to win trials. He’s been featured on major news outlets, such as New York Post, Newsweek, Fox 5 New York, South China Morning Post, Insider.com, and many others.
In 2022, Netflix released a series about one of Todd’s clients: Anna Delvey/Anna Sorokin.
Why Clients Choose Spodek Law Group
The reason is simple: clients want white glove service, and lawyers who can win. Every single client who works with the Spodek Law Group is aware that the attorney they hire could drastically change the outcome of their case. Hiring the Spodek Law Group means you’re taking your future seriously. Our lawyers handle cases nationwide, ranging from NYC to LA. Our philosophy is fair and simple: our nyc criminal lawyers only take on clients who we know will benefit from our services.
We’re selective about the clients we work with, and only take on cases we know align with our experience – and where we can make a difference. This is different from other law firms who are not invested in your success nor care about your outcome.
If you have a legal issue, call us for a consultation.
We are available 24/7, to help you with any – and all, challenges you face.
Last Updated on: 15th October 2023, 09:01 am
New York has strict laws regulating knives – even common pocket knives. But an experienced criminal defense lawyer can often get knife charges reduced or dismissed.
This comprehensive guide covers:
Let’s start with an overview of New York knife laws:
It’s illegal in New York to:
– Carry knives with blades over 4 inches in public
– Possess switchblades, gravity knives, pilum balls, metal knuckle knives
– Intentionally use a knife unlawfully against another person
– Criminal possession of a weapon (knife)
– Menacing, assault, or attempted assault
Penalties increase if:
– Previous weapon conviction exists
– Knife qualifies as “deadly” per court ruling
– Knife used during commission of a crime
– Assault/menacing involved injury or death
Both misdemeanor and felony knife charges carry jail time in New York. But a skilled lawyer can often get charges reduced or dismissed.
Effective strategies criminal defense attorneys use include:
– Contesting unreasonable search and seizure by police
– Disproving intent for possession to be weapon vs tool
– Alleging lawful purpose for having knife (hunting, cooking, job)
– Disputing eyewitness identification as perpetrator
– Questioning credibility of accusers/witnesses
– Using defendant’s clean record and character references
– Negotiating plea deals for lesser charges or no jail time
Leveraging these angles requires an attorney experienced with New York knife laws and defense strategies.
Look for these key traits in a defense lawyer:
– Mastery of New York Knife Statutes – In-depth knowledge of all nuances around type of knife, sentencing, and permissible uses.
– Negotiation Skills – Proven ability to get favorable plea deals reducing or dismissing charges.
– Investigative Mindset – Will thoroughly examine case details to strengthen defense.
– Trial Experience – Not afraid to take your case to court if advantageous.
– Responsiveness – Makes themselves available for reassurance and case updates.
– Tenacity – Willing to vigorously question police conduct and credibility of witnesses.
– Rapport Building – Can develop trust with judges and prosecutors for discretion in rulings.
Vet any lawyer thoroughly on these points before committing your case. Your freedom is at stake. Shop wisely.
When meeting with lawyers, key questions to ask include:
– How extensively have you handled knife charges specifically in New York courts?
– What strategies do you use to get knife charges dismissed for clients?
– Are you willing to take my case to trial if a favorable plea deal cannot be negotiated?
– How often do your knife cases reach plea deals versus trial?
– Can you share examples of positive outcomes you achieved for past knife charge clients?
– If I need urgent communication, what is your response time?
– What weaknesses do you see in the prosecution’s case against me?
Their expertise and engagement level can give confidence in their capabilities.
Here are key reasons why quality counsel makes a big difference:
– Better Results – Their mastery of NY knife laws leads to better case outcomes.
– Avoiding Mistakes – They prevent you from legal missteps that worsen your situation.
– Peace of Mind – You can breathe easier with an expert on your side.
– Case Preparation – Meticulous trial prep leads to stronger defense if needed.
– Client Service – They make you feel supported and explain the process clearly.
– Negotiation Skills – Their expertise secures much better plea deals when possible.
– Experience Defending Knife Charges – No need to be their “test case” – proven track record.
Don’t gamble with your freedom. An expert NY knife crimes lawyer is worth the investment.
If you’ve been arrested on any knife charges in New York, I strongly encourage you to reach out for urgent case review and counsel. Connecting with the right lawyer early is key to beating allegations.
My firm has successfully defended clients against a wide range of NY knife charges thanks to our mastery of statute intricacies, relationships with prosecutors, and skill crafting ironclad defense arguments.
Don’t go it alone against the power of the justice system. With an elite lawyer on your side, we can weaken and dismantle the case against you. Let’s discuss your situation in a free consultation – call today!
Please fill out the form below to receive a free consultation, we will respond to
your inquiry within 24-hours guaranteed.