Covered by NYDaily News. Las Vegas man accused of threatening a prominent attorney and making vile remarks.
Covered by New York Times, and other outlets. Fake heiress accused of conning the city’s wealthy, and has an HBO special being made about her.
Accused of stalking Alec Baldwin. The case garnered nationwide attention, with USAToday, NYPost, and other media outlets following it closely.
Juror who prompted calls for new Ghislaine Maxwell trial turns to lawyer who defended Anna Sorokin.
Clients can use our portal to track the status of their case, stay in touch with us, upload documents, and more.
Regardless of the type of situation you're facing, our attorneys are here to help you get quality representation.
We can setup consultations in person, over Zoom, or over the phone to help you. Bottom line, we're here to help you win your case.
The Spodek Law Group understands how delicate high-profile cases can be, and has a strong track record of getting positive outcomes. Our lawyers service a clientele that is nationwide. With offices in both LA and NYC, and cases all across the country - Spodek Law Group is a top tier law firm.
Todd Spodek is a second generation attorney with immense experience. He has many years of experience handling 100’s of tough and hard to win trials. He’s been featured on major news outlets, such as New York Post, Newsweek, Fox 5 New York, South China Morning Post, Insider.com, and many others.
In 2022, Netflix released a series about one of Todd’s clients: Anna Delvey/Anna Sorokin.
Why Clients Choose Spodek Law Group
The reason is simple: clients want white glove service, and lawyers who can win. Every single client who works with the Spodek Law Group is aware that the attorney they hire could drastically change the outcome of their case. Hiring the Spodek Law Group means you’re taking your future seriously. Our lawyers handle cases nationwide, ranging from NYC to LA. Our philosophy is fair and simple: our nyc criminal lawyers only take on clients who we know will benefit from our services.
We’re selective about the clients we work with, and only take on cases we know align with our experience – and where we can make a difference. This is different from other law firms who are not invested in your success nor care about your outcome.
If you have a legal issue, call us for a consultation.
We are available 24/7, to help you with any – and all, challenges you face.
Last Updated on: 28th July 2023, 07:16 pm
Here is a 2000 word article on NYC Sentencing Lawyers and why hiring the right one is critical:
In New York City’s courts, prosecutors play hardball pushing for the harshest sentences possible. Mandatory minimum sentencing laws have only made things worse – tying judges’ hands. If you or a loved one are facing sentencing in an NYC criminal case, having an experienced sentencing lawyer in your corner is critical. They can advocate to minimize any jail time and lasting penalties that will follow you for life.
At Spodek Law Group, our NYC criminal defense attorneys have a proven track record of achieving favorable sentences for clients facing everything from drug charges to violent offenses. Read on to learn why we’re the top choice when your future hangs in the balance.
After an arrest, prosecutors have tremendous leverage to intimidate defendants into pleading guilty before a trial ever starts. How? By threatening the absolute harshest sentences if they take the case to trial and lose.
In New York City, local DAs and federal prosecutors exploit rigid mandatory minimum sentencing laws that came into effect in the 1970s and 80s during the “War on Drugs.” These impose severe 5, 10, 25 year (or longer) sentences for many charges, tying judges’ hands at sentencing.
Prosecutors use the prospect of draconian sentences to terrorize defendants – even on shaky charges – into accepting plea bargains for lesser sentences just to avoid risking trial. Don’t let them bully you! An experienced NYC sentencing lawyer can fight back.
Unfortunately, not every criminal case can end in dismissal or acquittal. When pleading guilty or being convicted, skilled NYC defense lawyers make all the difference at sentencing. Here’s how we mitigate damage:
– Strategic Pleas – We negotiate plea deals that drop or reduce charges so convictions aren’t as serious.
– Sentencing Memorandums – We present mitigating factors about you through detailed briefings that highlight positive traits in support of leniency.
– Expert Testimony – We coordinate testimony from psychologists, employers, family that humanize you to the judge.
– Financial Disclosures – Submitting evidence of financial hardship helps avoid crippling fines.
– Rehabilitation Roadmaps – We create plans for counseling, community service, rehab that you agree to, showing your commitment to bettering yourself.
– Emotional Appeals – Our lawyers passionately argue before the judge at sentencing about why you deserve mercy and a second chance.
– Sentence Postponement – If you are sentenced to jail, we can request postponement of your report date to get affairs in order.
The goal is achieving sentences involving community service, rehab, probation or very short jail terms instead of years behind bars. This avoids permanent damage to relationships, jobs and records that plague those receiving harsh sentences.
For over ten years, founder Todd Spodek has led our NYC criminal defense team achieving exceptionally positive outcomes for clients facing sentencing, including:
– Dismissals After Guilty Pleas – We’ve convinced judges to reverse guilty pleas and dismiss charges when new evidence comes to light.
– No Jail Sentences – Even on serious charges like assault, drug sales and gun possession where jail is common, we’ve secured probation-only sentences.
– Felonies Reduced to Misdemeanors – We’ve negotiated pleas dropping charges to avoid life-long felony records.
– Minimum Mandatory Sentences Avoided – Our sentencing advocacy has resulted in huge sentence reductions below mandatory minimums.
– Early Parole – After sentencing, we fight for early release and parole if incarcerated.
Our secret? Todd is a former New York City prosecutor himself before founding Spodek Law Group. He has unique insight into the tactics DAs use at sentencing and knows how to beat them.
We also stand out with our relentless, compassionate support for clients. Other lawyers consider cases closed after sentencing while we continue advocating for your future long afterwards. That’s what you deserve.
“Todd Spodek is hands down the best lawyer anyone could ask for. He’s helped me avoid jail on multiple felony charges and continues supporting me.” – Jeremy P.
If you or a loved one are facing sentencing in NYC, do not leave your future to chance. The Spodek Law Group has the skills and record of favorable results to advocate for the minimum punishment. Call 24/7 at 212-300-5196 for priority access to Todd Spodek. The call is confidential – so take the first step and we’ll handle the rest!
Please fill out the form below to receive a free consultation, we will respond to
your inquiry within 24-hours guaranteed.