Being arrested on federal criminal charges is a very serious legal issue for any defendant. Not only can convicted individuals receive very extensive fines based on the nature of the charge, federal convictions also carry significant jail terms in many cases. Sentencing guidelines for federal charge convictions are stricter than typical sentencing guidelines for state charge convictions, especially regarding the amount of a sentence a convicted defendant must serve. States have the authority to establish internal guidelines, most often in a manner that makes it easier for a case settlement. Federal prosecutors often do not have much authority for leniency beyond a charge reduction.
There are some consistencies between federal and state criminal charges, with the primary similarity begin police officer mistakes during the arrest. Even technical involvement can result in a federal criminal charge when the prosecution or an investigation officer thinks they can squeeze information regarding other illegal actors, and having a solid federal criminal lawyer means all articles of evidence and arrest protocol can be inspected and evaluated for admissibility.
It is absolutely vital to have an experienced and aggressive San Diego federal criminal lawyer representing a case when facing federal criminal charges because the outcome can be a life-altering event if maximum penalties are applied, which is not uncommon. Statutes require federal prisoners to serve 85% of their sentence before a release, as there is no parole system at the federal criminal court level. The remaining 15% of sentence is reserved for good behavior release. This means that how much time a defendant receives can be crucial, and retaining a private personal San Diego federal criminal lawyer becomes an investment in their future as well as their freedom.
Todd is a miracle worker who will work tirelessly for you and your family. He is one of the few attorneys i've met - who I earnestly trust to protect me, and who I am happy to refer to our friends and fellow family members. The Spodek Law Group is someone you want on your side, because they will treat you just like family. Todd and his team are available 24/7, and they always answered our calls. Even when we were being irrational, and crazy - they were calm and super helpful. Just call Todd. He gives you a free consultation and is very understanding.- Donna & Robert
85 Broad Street, 30th Floor
New York, NY 10005
35-37 36th St,
Astoria, NY 11106
195 Montague St.
Brooklyn, NY 11201