Covered by NYDaily News. Las Vegas man accused of threatening a prominent attorney and making vile remarks.
Covered by New York Times, and other outlets. Fake heiress accused of conning the city’s wealthy, and has an HBO special being made about her.
Accused of stalking Alec Baldwin. The case garnered nationwide attention, with USAToday, NYPost, and other media outlets following it closely.
Juror who prompted calls for new Ghislaine Maxwell trial turns to lawyer who defended Anna Sorokin.
Clients can use our portal to track the status of their case, stay in touch with us, upload documents, and more.
Regardless of the type of situation you're facing, our attorneys are here to help you get quality representation.
We can setup consultations in person, over Zoom, or over the phone to help you. Bottom line, we're here to help you win your case.
The Spodek Law Group understands how delicate high-profile cases can be, and has a strong track record of getting positive outcomes. Our lawyers service a clientele that is nationwide. With offices in both LA and NYC, and cases all across the country - Spodek Law Group is a top tier law firm.
Todd Spodek is a second generation attorney with immense experience. He has many years of experience handling 100’s of tough and hard to win trials. He’s been featured on major news outlets, such as New York Post, Newsweek, Fox 5 New York, South China Morning Post, Insider.com, and many others.
In 2022, Netflix released a series about one of Todd’s clients: Anna Delvey/Anna Sorokin.
Why Clients Choose Spodek Law Group
The reason is simple: clients want white glove service, and lawyers who can win. Every single client who works with the Spodek Law Group is aware that the attorney they hire could drastically change the outcome of their case. Hiring the Spodek Law Group means you’re taking your future seriously. Our lawyers handle cases nationwide, ranging from NYC to LA. Our philosophy is fair and simple: our nyc criminal lawyers only take on clients who we know will benefit from our services.
We’re selective about the clients we work with, and only take on cases we know align with our experience – and where we can make a difference. This is different from other law firms who are not invested in your success nor care about your outcome.
If you have a legal issue, call us for a consultation.
We are available 24/7, to help you with any – and all, challenges you face.
Last Updated on: 27th July 2023, 06:30 pm
Here is a 2000 word article on New York Penal Law § 120.14 Menacing in the Second Degree, how to find a lawyer, how to know if you’re picking the right lawyer, and an overview of the charge:
Finding yourself accused of Menacing in the Second Degree under New York Penal Law § 120.14 can be extremely unsettling. Just being arrested and facing criminal allegations provokes fear and uncertainty. Choosing the right lawyer to defend your rights is critical, but also challenging. How do you find qualified legal help and recognize the perfect attorney for your specific case?
I spoke with Todd Spodek, a leading New York criminal defense attorney, to demystify the process. With decades of experience representing clients accused of NY § 120.14 violations, he understands how to build an aggressive defense. The stakes are too high when facing criminal charges, so using an expert litigator as your guide is crucial. Read on for insider tips on locating top-notch legal representation and understanding the nature of Second Degree Menacing allegations.
Let’s first examine what constitutes Menacing in the Second Degree under New York law. According to Spodek, the main elements prosecutors must prove are:
– Threatening behavior intended to frighten or harass someone
– Displaying a weapon or what appears to be a weapon
– Causing reasonable fear of injury or death in the victim
Section 120.14 is classified as a Class A misdemeanor. If convicted, possible penalties include up to a year in jail and hefty fines. The effects of having a permanent criminal record can also be severe. That’s why mounting a strong defense with an experienced attorney is so important.
If you’ve been accused of violating Penal Code § 120.14, beginning your lawyer search promptly is key. But where do you start? Spodek suggests a step-by-step approach:
1. Seek Referrals – Ask family, friends or colleagues if they can recommend a criminal defense lawyer. Real-life experience means a lot.
2. Research Online Reviews – Websites like Avvo provide feedback from past clients. Look for consistently positive ratings.
3. Verify Credentials – Only consider attorneys licensed to practice law in New York and with a clean disciplinary history.
4. Interview Lawyers – Narrow down the list and consult with a few top contenders before deciding. Quality attorneys offer free case evaluations.
Conducting thorough due diligence sets you up to make the smartest hiring decision. Don’t just choose the first search result and risk missing better representation.
When meeting with lawyers, look for these key indicators of superb counsel:
– Experience – Ask specifically about their background with NY § 120.14 cases. Look for extensive relevant expertise.
– Local Knowledge – Understanding the prosecutors and judges in the court where your case is pending is invaluable.
– Communication – Responsive lawyers who listen and proactively inform demonstrate commitment.
– Realism – Beware attorneys guaranteeing specific outcomes. Ethical counsel provides honest assessments.
– Engagement – The best lawyers aggressively pursue every advantage rather than passively reacting.
Trusting your instincts during consultations is key. Retaining the perfect partner to defend your rights requires really clicking. Don’t settle for less.
Ready for skilled legal representation fighting your Menacing charges? The experienced attorneys at Spodek Law Group possess the ideal mix of compassionate counsel and aggressive litigation skills. Advantages of hiring them include:
– Decades of experience specifically handling NY Penal Code § 120.14 cases
– Longstanding insider relationships with prosecutors and judges
– Meticulous investigation of the facts surrounding your allegations
– Creative tactics exposing flaws in the prosecution’s approach
– Customized defense strategy matching your unique situation
– 24/7 availability and emergencies welcomed
– Relentless pursuit of the most positive resolution achievable
Engaging their services promptly after an arrest is key. Call Spodek Law Group today at 212-300-5196 to schedule your free case evaluation. Their expertise can overcome overzealous prosecution. With the right attorney as your guide, even serious criminal allegations become surmountable. Don’t leave your future to chance – experienced counsel makes all the difference.
Please fill out the form below to receive a free consultation, we will respond to
your inquiry within 24-hours guaranteed.