Covered by NYDaily News. Las Vegas man accused of threatening a prominent attorney and making vile remarks.
Covered by New York Times, and other outlets. Fake heiress accused of conning the city’s wealthy, and has an HBO special being made about her.
Accused of stalking Alec Baldwin. The case garnered nationwide attention, with USAToday, NYPost, and other media outlets following it closely.
Juror who prompted calls for new Ghislaine Maxwell trial turns to lawyer who defended Anna Sorokin.
Clients can use our portal to track the status of their case, stay in touch with us, upload documents, and more.
Regardless of the type of situation you're facing, our attorneys are here to help you get quality representation.
We can setup consultations in person, over Zoom, or over the phone to help you. Bottom line, we're here to help you win your case.
The Spodek Law Group understands how delicate high-profile cases can be, and has a strong track record of getting positive outcomes. Our lawyers service a clientele that is nationwide. With offices in both LA and NYC, and cases all across the country - Spodek Law Group is a top tier law firm.
Todd Spodek is a second generation attorney with immense experience. He has many years of experience handling 100’s of tough and hard to win trials. He’s been featured on major news outlets, such as New York Post, Newsweek, Fox 5 New York, South China Morning Post, Insider.com, and many others.
In 2022, Netflix released a series about one of Todd’s clients: Anna Delvey/Anna Sorokin.
Why Clients Choose Spodek Law Group
The reason is simple: clients want white glove service, and lawyers who can win. Every single client who works with the Spodek Law Group is aware that the attorney they hire could drastically change the outcome of their case. Hiring the Spodek Law Group means you’re taking your future seriously. Our lawyers handle cases nationwide, ranging from NYC to LA. Our philosophy is fair and simple: our nyc criminal lawyers only take on clients who we know will benefit from our services.
We’re selective about the clients we work with, and only take on cases we know align with our experience – and where we can make a difference. This is different from other law firms who are not invested in your success nor care about your outcome.
If you have a legal issue, call us for a consultation.
We are available 24/7, to help you with any – and all, challenges you face.
Last Updated on: 27th July 2023, 04:35 pm
If you’ve been arrested for theft in Brooklyn, you need strong legal help, fast. Theft charges can involve prison time and destroy your reputation. Thankfully, an experienced Brooklyn theft crimes lawyer can often get charges reduced or dismissed.
This guide covers:
Let’s start with the basics on theft crimes in Brooklyn.
In New York, theft laws cover crimes like:
– Employee theft
– Bank robbery
– Identity theft
Charges range from misdemeanors to serious felonies depending on circumstances. Factors include:
– Value of stolen property
– Use of weapons or force
– Defendant’s criminal record
– Type of victim (child, elderly, disabled)
Grand larceny charges for thefts over $1,000 can mean years in prison. Even petty larceny misdemeanors carry up to 1 year jail time.
Skilled Brooklyn theft attorneys fight charges by:
– Challenging biased eyewitness identifications
– Alleging illegal search and seizure of evidence
– Disproving criminal intent if actions were reckless or accidental
– Questioning victim statements and testimony credibility
– Leveraging defendant’s lack of criminal history and positive character
– Negotiating diversion programs and community service sentences
For minor first offenses, lawyers can often get charges dismissed or reduced to violations. Their experience navigating the Brooklyn court system is invaluable.
With prison time on the line, you need an attorney who specializes in Brooklyn theft defense. Seek these credentials:
– Local Experience – Familiarity with Brooklyn judges, prosecutors, and court procedures.
– Investigation Skills – Willingness to meticulously examine case details to build your defense.
– Negotiation Ability – Proven record convincing prosecutors to reduce or dismiss charges through plea deals.
– Trial Expertise – Not afraid to take your case to court and win before a jury if necessary.
– Rapport Building – Can connect with judges and earn trust that leads to favorable rulings.
– Resourcefulness – Uses skilled investigators, forensic analysts, and researchers to support defenses.
– Responsiveness – Makes themselves available to answer client questions and provide reassurance.
– Tenacity – Won’t back down or get bullied by prosecutors. Willing to fight tooth and nail.
The right lawyer for your case likely has these attributes. Be wary of attorneys who lack relevant experience or urgency defending Brooklyn theft crimes.
During initial consultations with lawyers, you should ask:
– How many years have you been practicing theft defense specifically in Brooklyn?
– What will your investigative approach be for building my defense?
– How often have you negotiated dismissal of charges for cases like mine in Brooklyn?
– Are you willing to take my case to trial in Brooklyn if necessary?
– How many cases have you tried in Brooklyn in the past year? What were the outcomes?
– Will you personally handle my case or pass it to an associate?
– If I have urgent needs, what is the fastest you will respond?
– What weaknesses do you see in the prosecution’s case against me?
– Can you share examples of past Brooklyn theft cases you defended successfully?
Their responses will reveal if they have the right skills and commitment needed to win.
Here are key reasons you need a top notch lawyer on your side:
– Better Defense Strategy – Their expertise crafting smart, nuanced arguments leads to better outcomes.
– Avoiding Mistakes – They prevent you from making damaging legal missteps due to lack of experience.
– Negotiation Skills – Their relationships and tenacity secure significantly better plea deals.
– Case Preparation – Meticulous pretrial preparation equips them to win arguments in court.
– Client Service – They make you feel supported, explain each step clearly, and resolve concerns quickly.
– Peace of Mind – You can breathe easier knowing your case is in the hands of a highly competent defender.
The right lawyer is well worth the investment. Brooklyn theft charges shouldn’t be taken lightly.
If you or a loved one is facing Brooklyn theft allegations, the prospect may seem daunting. But an elite lawyer levels the playing field. With charges potentially involving jail time and a criminal record, you need the best defense immediately.
Don’t wait to connect for urgent case review and counsel. Reach out 24/7 for a free, no obligation consultation. I can assess your situation and provide expert guidance. My firm has decades of experience winning dismissal of Brooklyn theft charges just like yours.
Together we can beat this. Your future depends on taking action now. Call today!
Please fill out the form below to receive a free consultation, we will respond to
your inquiry within 24-hours guaranteed.