Federal criminal charges are commonly the worst legal trouble many people ever face. Facing state charges is rarely as serious of a legal matter largely based on seriousness of the charge and the material facts being used to prosecute. Heinous federal crimes usually result in long prison sentences when the federal government has a solid case, and extensive fines could be added to the punishment as well. All incarceration time is also served in federal facilities, which are not always consistent regarding program quality. Serving federal time is indeed not easy, and many times the location is far from any close family. Retaining a personal private Nashville federal criminal lawyer when being charged is an investment in the future as much as an investment in freedom.
State courts have the individual authority to establish their own sentencing guidelines to a certain degree, but federal cases are adjudicated according to long established federal statutes and procedures. States can offer probation or grant early parole to any state prisoner, but federal prisoners must serve at least 85% of the sentence, with the remaining 15% being potential good behavior early release time. This means that the defendant’s legal counsel in a federal criminal charge is very important when it comes time to evaluate the case and arrange a settlement, especially length of any jail sentence.
The case particulars can be very important with federal cases, such as a major drug charge, and who is chosen as a Nashville federal criminal lawyer can make a big difference. A federal criminal lawyer can inspect all of the evidence for validity, including legal search and seizure protocol, many times finding articles that are actually inadmissible. Technicalities can matter in all legal criminal situations because they can establish reasonable doubt, which is the standard for case dismissal or acquittal.
Todd is a miracle worker who will work tirelessly for you and your family. He is one of the few attorneys i've met - who I earnestly trust to protect me, and who I am happy to refer to our friends and fellow family members. The Spodek Law Group is someone you want on your side, because they will treat you just like family. Todd and his team are available 24/7, and they always answered our calls. Even when we were being irrational, and crazy - they were calm and super helpful. Just call Todd. He gives you a free consultation and is very understanding.- Donna & Robert
85 Broad Street, 30th Floor
New York, NY 10005
35-37 36th St,
Astoria, NY 11106
195 Montague St.
Brooklyn, NY 11201