Covered by NYDaily News. Las Vegas man accused of threatening a prominent attorney and making vile remarks.
Covered by New York Times, and other outlets. Fake heiress accused of conning the city’s wealthy, and has an HBO special being made about her.
Accused of stalking Alec Baldwin. The case garnered nationwide attention, with USAToday, NYPost, and other media outlets following it closely.
Juror who prompted calls for new Ghislaine Maxwell trial turns to lawyer who defended Anna Sorokin.
Clients can use our portal to track the status of their case, stay in touch with us, upload documents, and more.
Regardless of the type of situation you're facing, our attorneys are here to help you get quality representation.
We can setup consultations in person, over Zoom, or over the phone to help you. Bottom line, we're here to help you win your case.
The Spodek Law Group understands how delicate high-profile cases can be, and has a strong track record of getting positive outcomes. Our lawyers service a clientele that is nationwide. With offices in both LA and NYC, and cases all across the country - Spodek Law Group is a top tier law firm.
Todd Spodek is a second generation attorney with immense experience. He has many years of experience handling 100’s of tough and hard to win trials. He’s been featured on major news outlets, such as New York Post, Newsweek, Fox 5 New York, South China Morning Post, Insider.com, and many others.
In 2022, Netflix released a series about one of Todd’s clients: Anna Delvey/Anna Sorokin.
Why Clients Choose Spodek Law Group
The reason is simple: clients want white glove service, and lawyers who can win. Every single client who works with the Spodek Law Group is aware that the attorney they hire could drastically change the outcome of their case. Hiring the Spodek Law Group means you’re taking your future seriously. Our lawyers handle cases nationwide, ranging from NYC to LA. Our philosophy is fair and simple: our nyc criminal lawyers only take on clients who we know will benefit from our services.
We’re selective about the clients we work with, and only take on cases we know align with our experience – and where we can make a difference. This is different from other law firms who are not invested in your success nor care about your outcome.
If you have a legal issue, call us for a consultation.
We are available 24/7, to help you with any – and all, challenges you face.
Let’s talk business, particularly the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Now, this was a boon for small enterprises that were finding it difficult to keep their employees during the pandemonium thrown by the financial crunch. Why so, you ask. Well, PPP offered federally backed loans, thus enabling businesses to bear the payroll cost. The stats speak confidently as 10 million loans, summing an enormous amount of over $750 billion were disbursed under the flag of PPP.
But, here comes the twist. Some unscrupulous individuals, often deemed as con-artists, caught the whiff of this easy money. What followed was a series of unethical actions leading to PPP loan fraud, something I believe you’d want to avoid!
There are some telltale signs of potential PPP loan fraud. Let’s walk through these:
1. Dishing out fake details while applying for the PPP loan.
2. Securing PPP loan from more than one lender at the same time.
3. Misusing the loaned money.
4. Misleading the PPP loan forgiveness by presenting incorrect certifications.
5. Being dishonest during the audit or investigation for the PPP loan.
Now, let’s chat about the aftermath of PPP loan fraud. It’s certainly not a rosy picture. You might face financial penalties or even imprisonment depending on the severity of your deceptive action. You could be trialed for:
* Bank Fraud: It underlines an act of profit-seeking deception. This crime carries penalties like jail time of up to a year and hefty fines.
* Wire Fraud: It involves the usage of devices like telephone or the internet to commit fraud. The penalty for this crime could be as severe as spending two decades in prison, not to mention paying restitution.
* Conspiracy to Commit Fraud: Conspiring with others to commit fraud can land you in prison for up to five years, along with financial penalties.
* False Statements to a Financial Institution: This federal crime can result in imprisonment of up to 30 years.
If you get a ring from an investigator about PPP loan fraud, make sure you’re guarded about what you say. Keep in mind the old adage – Loose lips sink ships. It’s recommended that you seek the assistance of a PPP loan fraud defense attorney, like us at the Spodek Law Group. We can help you regulate your communication with SBA agents to avoid accidental self-incrimination.
If you’re unfortunate enough to be caught in the storm of PPP loan fraud charges, here are a few defenses we can help you with:
* Lack of Intent: The government must be able to prove intentional misrepresentation to make a successful case. With ambiguous guidelines issued at the start of the program, mistakes were likely, and we could use that to defend you.
* Legitimate Use of PPP Loan: The government also must prove the illicit use of funds. In response, we can examine the flow of funds to prove their legitimate use.
* Identity: The government must prove that you, the owner, submitted the PPP application. If we can show a lack of evidence, it becomes easier to state your innocence.
Succinctly put, avoid lying on the PPP application. Simultaneously, remember that everyone was like a headless chicken initially when applying for the loan. The guidance was skinny and as a result, many people made mistakes. No, the sky didn’t fall. The Small Business Administration (SBA) had their back and provided an amnesty period to return the funds. Hence, there was no resultant harm done, and there was no reason to worry about penalties.
However, big lies, like inflating the number of employees or falsifying business expenses, can get you into hot water. Fraudulent activities around PPP loan can lead to imprisonment as per the charges leveled.
Are you caught in the rigmarole of PPP loan fraud charges? Well, fret not. Spodek Law Group is here for you. We’ll delve into your situation, gauge your personal and business records, and communicate with pertinent government officials. We’ll strive for a favorable outcome on your case. Remember, we’re just a phone call away.
In conclusion, PPP came to the rescue of many businesses during testing times. Yes, it attracted a few fraudulent activities, but being aware of the PPP loan application process and taking necessary precautions can help you steer clear of any fraud charges. Emphasize on transparent practices and you should be in the clear. When in doubt, consult professionals, such as us at Spodek Law Group.
Please fill out the form below to receive a free consultation, we will respond to
your inquiry within 24-hours guaranteed.