NYC Business Litigation Lawyers
New York City Litigation Attorney
- Starting a new business is very challenging and thrilling at the same time. Accompanied with excitement there is too much anxiety; fear of the unknown future which mainly concerns the economy, and the viability of the new business. Starting a new business makes you wonder about a lot of questions, such as; how to effectively start this new business, and how to make accountable and accurate business decisions, and on the other hand safeguarding your financial security.
- A litigation lawyer can wisely advise you concerning every step of your business start-up. We can offer you the legal services you need, as we are very dedicated to assisting our clients to start a solid business base by providing efficient business tools and providing the best legal security and support.
A new business idea that your mind came up with, and you don’t know how to start it. Our office will do put all efforts to help you accomplish your business goals and secure your legal interests.
We provide our business start-ups clients with services, such as:
- Drafting legal agreements (shareholder, buyout, partnership, business LLC)
- Business locations advice
- Dealing with all necessary paperwork (state documents, certificate of incorporation)
- Selecting the fitting entity (S corporation, C corporation, partnership, LLC)
- Reviewing commercial leases (relocation, recapture, guarantee, and termination provisions)
A New York City litigation lawyer will be happy to assist you
- We will assist you, and properly draft your business strategy. We will also make sure that all parties involved are safely secured in the partnership termination case, commercial lease changes and constraints, or any blurry events. Our lawyers are reputed for accomplishing the best results by providing personalized and accurate services. Hire an attorney who has a relentless need to protect your rights, secure you from personal liability, and guide your business along the way to success.
Answers given by a New York City Litigation attorney
- We offer our clients a personal relationship, at the same time we use our experience to aggressively fight for their needs. When we accept and carry on a commercial litigation case, we thoroughly review all aspects of the case to guarantee that we can issue a successful representation for our clients. Commercial litigationcan certainly be a perplexing and complex process; we have selected the frequently asked questions to answer. If you have further questions, please contact us, and we will assist you.
What is commercial litigation?
- Oftentimes, the correct definition of what commercial litigation mirrors is blurry. This kind of litigation involves a large area of law. Commercial litigation settles any type of disputes within the setting of the business, as well as resolving disputes in professional or commercial relationships. Numerous types of civil cases can be settled through this litigation on both the federal and state level.
What causes a breach of contract?
- A breach of contract appears when a party fails to hold his end of a contract, without having a legal excuse. It is a breach of an individual’s duty that is drafted in a written agreement form. If you are a victim of a breach of contract, with our help you might receive compensation. An experienced attorney will help to recover punitive or compensatory damages, rescission, incidental damages, and your lawyer’s fees and costs.
How does commercial litigation start?
- Parties may need to utilize commercial litigation if they have already executed other methods of disagreement resolution. Negotiations and Mediation usually appear before the parties turn to litigation. For the process to start, the plaintiff will normally collaborate with an attorney and write a complaint. The complaint will illustrate the allegations against the accused and the actuality of the situation. After that, the plaintiff will issue the complaint to the accused or multiple defendants, and file the complaint with the court. The defendant will have to abide by the law and answer to the complaint. In their answer, they can plead for a counterclaim against the plaintiff.
Commercial litigation matters (some examples)
- All business disagreements can be settled through commercial litigation. Some of the frequent matters that our team has acted upon involve breach of contracts, business torts, unfair practices, creditor and debtor issues, trade regulation, professional liability… we highly recommend that you contact an experienced New York City commercial litigation lawyer if you are doubtful whether or not your situation can be settled through commercial litigation.
What does the commercial litigation process involve?
- After the initial proceedings, which are the filling of complaints and answers, the parties will exchange all the involved documents and information that they possess to back up their claims. Parties may also need to give a testimony to the council. To inspect if the case has to go to trial, conferences will take place in the court. Usually, the case is resolved by the parties before the trial. If it is not resolved, the case will eventually go to trial. Finally, in a trial, all evidence, claims, facts, and legal documents will be evaluated then judged by the court.
Who decides a commercial litigation case?
- A jury will deal with the commercial litigation lawsuit. The parties can relinquish the jury and turn to a judge to hear their case. To choose between having the case handled by a judge or jury should be a calculated and strategic decision regarding the type case. A case can also be heard by an arbitrator or panel of arbitrators.
How long does the NYC commercial litigation process usually take?
- The duration of the process depends on numerous factors included within the case. The kind of issue mirrors the length of the litigation. Adding to this, the length of the process can involve the amount of motion practice that takes place. If the parties resolve the case before trial, they save their selves a lot of time. Generally, the average case takes about a year, but can last longer due to its unique situation.
Can I appeal the results of my case?
- Generally, a party is able to appeal the case. However, only questions of law than could have affected the decision will be considered by the court. The court will not review the reasoning for the decision or the case’s facts. They can look into other aspects in case the judge did not perform justly or provide the exact instruction to the jury. Usually, you will be given the chance of a new trial if you win the appeal. However, it is not granted that you get a new result. Appeals are originally allowed, but they are not always the solution to your discontent.
NYC Business Litigation Lawyers