Covered by NYDaily News. Las Vegas man accused of threatening a prominent attorney and making vile remarks.
Covered by New York Times, and other outlets. Fake heiress accused of conning the city’s wealthy, and has an HBO special being made about her.
Accused of stalking Alec Baldwin. The case garnered nationwide attention, with USAToday, NYPost, and other media outlets following it closely.
Juror who prompted calls for new Ghislaine Maxwell trial turns to lawyer who defended Anna Sorokin.
Clients can use our portal to track the status of their case, stay in touch with us, upload documents, and more.
Regardless of the type of situation you're facing, our attorneys are here to help you get quality representation.
We can setup consultations in person, over Zoom, or over the phone to help you. Bottom line, we're here to help you win your case.
The Spodek Law Group understands how delicate high-profile cases can be, and has a strong track record of getting positive outcomes. Our lawyers service a clientele that is nationwide. With offices in both LA and NYC, and cases all across the country - Spodek Law Group is a top tier law firm.
Todd Spodek is a second generation attorney with immense experience. He has many years of experience handling 100’s of tough and hard to win trials. He’s been featured on major news outlets, such as New York Post, Newsweek, Fox 5 New York, South China Morning Post, Insider.com, and many others.
In 2022, Netflix released a series about one of Todd’s clients: Anna Delvey/Anna Sorokin.
Why Clients Choose Spodek Law Group
The reason is simple: clients want white glove service, and lawyers who can win. Every single client who works with the Spodek Law Group is aware that the attorney they hire could drastically change the outcome of their case. Hiring the Spodek Law Group means you’re taking your future seriously. Our lawyers handle cases nationwide, ranging from NYC to LA. Our philosophy is fair and simple: our nyc criminal lawyers only take on clients who we know will benefit from our services.
We’re selective about the clients we work with, and only take on cases we know align with our experience – and where we can make a difference. This is different from other law firms who are not invested in your success nor care about your outcome.
If you have a legal issue, call us for a consultation.
We are available 24/7, to help you with any – and all, challenges you face.
Last Updated on: 26th July 2023, 10:10 pm
Getting divorced is never easy, especially when children are involved. Figuring out child support in New York City can be particularly complicated and contested. But having the right lawyer by your side can make all the difference.
As a parent, you want what’s best for your kids. You want them taken care of and provided for. But you also don’t want to be paying more than your fair share or getting short-changed if you are the one receiving support. That’s why having an experienced NYC child support lawyer is so important.
I know it may be tempting to try to handle child support arrangements on your own. But the reality is that the New York State child support guidelines are complex. There are so many factors that come into play when determining support obligations. Without professional guidance, you could end up agreeing to an arrangement that is not in your or your children’s best interests.
A knowledgeable lawyer will carefully calculate child support based on both parents’ incomes and other factors. They will make sure you understand all of your options when it comes to child support. They can also help negotiate agreements and modifications outside of court.
Having a lawyer handle these tricky calculations and negotiations for you provides invaluable peace of mind. You can rest assured that an optimal support arrangement for your children is being pursued.
Okay, so you’re convinced you need to hire a child support lawyer in NYC. But how do you choose the right one? It’s an important decision, so you’ll want to do your research.
First, make sure any lawyer you are considering specializes in family law and has extensive experience with child support cases. Handling divorces and doing an occasional child support case is not enough. Look for someone who deals specifically with these issues every single day. They will have seen it all and know how to get you the best results.
Next, consider reputation. Ask people in your networks if they have any recommendations. Check online reviews, but take them with a grain of salt. Disgruntled ex-clients are more likely to leave reviews than satisfied ones.
Schedule consultations with a few potential attorneys. This gives you a chance to share details about your situation and make sure you feel comfortable with them. Make note of how they explain the law and process to you. Do they listen attentively? Get a sense of their preferred strategies and style.
Finally, inquire about pricing. Top attorneys with years of specialized expertise will naturally charge higher rates. But a more expensive lawyer does not guarantee better results. Find someone who offers competitive rates but also has the right skills and track record.
To find the best attorney for your situation, ask smart questions during your initial consultation. Here are some key ones to get you started:
– How long have you been specializing in child support cases? Look for 5+ years of relevant experience.
– Approximately how many child support cases have you handled? More cases under their belt is better.
– What is your general approach when it comes to negotiating child support agreements? Are you aggressive or more conciliatory? Make sure it aligns with what you are looking for.
– Do you have experience handling cases that involved ____? Fill in details specific to your situation – high net worth individuals, interstate support issues, modifications, etc.
– What communication can I expect during my case? Will you take my calls and update me regularly? Good communication is essential.
– What are your rates and what can I expect to pay in total? Get fee structure and estimate in writing.
– Do you provide payment plans? Not all firms do, so it is important to ask upfront if needed.
– Can you provide 2-3 references from past clients with similar cases? Speaking with former clients can give you insights.
So you’ve done your research and met with several attorneys. How do you know when you’ve found “the one” – the lawyer who is truly the best fit for you? Watch for these positive indicators:
1. Specialized Expertise: They have deep knowledge of NYC child support laws from handling many cases over several years.
2. Clear Communication: They listen closely and explain everything in a way you understand.
3. Realistic Expectations: They are honest about potential outcomes and don’t overpromise.
4. Shared Values: You see eye-to-eye on strategies and goals for your case. You feel heard.
5. Confidence & Reassurance: Something about them – their composure, knowledge, etc. – makes you feel at ease and well-represented.
Go with your gut. The right attorney-client relationship is built on trust and mutual understanding. When you find that, you’ve found your lawyer.
As you weigh your lawyer options, cost will naturally be a factor. It’s important to understand how attorneys typically bill for child support cases.
There are a few common fee structures:
– Hourly billing: You pay an agreed upon hourly rate for the time the lawyer works on your case. Rates often range from $200-$500+.
– Flat fee: The lawyer charges a fixed, upfront amount to handle the entire case or certain parts of it. This provides predictability.
– Hybrid models: Such as a retainer fee upfront, then hourly billing thereafter; or a flat fee for certain work, then hourly.
– Contingency fees: Less common with child support cases, but the lawyer takes a percentage of the support received.
Be sure you understand exactly how you will be billed, the expected cost, and options for managing large amounts like payment plans. Get fee estimates and agreements in writing.
Reputable attorneys will also be transparent about what your retainer fee covers and what additional expenses like court fees or hiring experts could arise. Read agreements closely and ask questions.
This is a judgment call. The lawyer charging $500 an hour likely has much more experience than one charging $200 an hour. But experience alone doesn’t always equate to better results.
Here are factors to consider as you evaluate cost:
– Case complexity – The more complicated your case, the more value a very experienced lawyer may provide. Their expertise can really pay off.
– What’s at stake – If the case is critically important and will impact your children and finances for many years, it may be worth paying top dollar for the best representation possible.
– Results – If a more expensive attorney has a proven track record of favorable outcomes in cases like yours, the investment could really pay off over time.
– Peace of mind – For some clients, knowing their case is in the most capable hands money can buy provides intangible value and reassurance.
– Budget – Of course, your own budget constraints are a reality. If the most expensive lawyer is simply out of reach, it doesn’t matter how qualified they may be.
As with most things in life, you often get what you pay for. But you can still find skilled, ethical attorneys who provide good value for reasonable rates. Choose both quality and cost-effectiveness.
If you have limited income, you may qualify for free or low-cost legal help with your child support case.
The first place to check is whether you meet income requirements for your local Legal Aid office. Legal Aid organizations receive funding to provide free civil (non-criminal) legal representation to qualifying community members in need.
If Legal Aid cannot take your case or you don’t qualify based on income, look into pro bono assistance from private attorneys. Under pro bono programs, lawyers volunteer a certain number of hours to help lower income clients for free or at reduced rates.
The New York City Bar Association has a hotline you can call to be referred to pro bono help for various legal needs, including child support. Some law school clinics also provide pro bono family law services under faculty supervision.
Don’t be afraid to ask lawyers you consult with upfront if they ever offer free or “low bono” assistance to those in financial need. The worst they can say is no.
– Seeking experienced legal guidance for child support matters is highly recommended. The laws and calculations are complex.
– Do your research to find attorneys with extensive specialized expertise in NYC child support cases. Ask smart questions at consultations.
– Look for lawyers who instill confidence and communicate clearly. Make sure your values and priorities align.
– Understand billing rates and fee structures upfront so costs and payments are transparent. Balance cost with quality.
– Explore low bono and pro bono options if you qualify based on financial need. But private attorneys can still provide very affordable quality help.
Going through big life changes like divorce when kids are involved is hard. But the right NYC child support lawyer can help provide stability, security, and peace of mind. So take your time and choose carefully – it will pay off in the long run.
Please fill out the form below to receive a free consultation, we will respond to
your inquiry within 24-hours guaranteed.