Federal Human Trafficking Criminal Lawyer
Human trafficking is a serious federal crime that involves transporting or coercing people to engage in labor, services, or commercial sex acts. If you have been accused of human trafficking, you need an experienced federal criminal defense lawyer on your side. Let’s take a look at some key things to know:
The Importance of an Aggressive Legal Defense
Facing federal human trafficking charges is scary, but an aggressive defense can make all the difference. An accomplished lawyer will:
- Carefully analyze the prosecution’s evidence and look for holes in their case
- Thoroughly investigate the background of witnesses and alleged victims
- Hire private investigators and expert witnesses if needed
- File motions to suppress illegally obtained evidence
- Negotiate firmly with prosecutors to get charges reduced or dismissed
- Craft a compelling narrative and defense theory for trial
- Effectively cross-examine witnesses at trial to undermine their credibility
- Make persuasive arguments to the jury highlighting reasonable doubt
- File appeals if you are convicted to get verdicts overturned
The bottom line is – don’t go through this fight alone. Hire the best legal representation you can afford. It could save you decades behind bars.
Sentencing Considerations in Trafficking Cases
Sentences for federal trafficking crimes are severe. Here are some factors judges consider:
- Your role in the offense – leaders/organizers get tougher sentences
- Use of force, threats, coercion – enhances penalties
- Age of victims – trafficking minors leads to harsher punishment
- Number of victims
- Whether serious bodily injury resulted
- Your prior record – repeat offenders get hit hard
- Acceptance of responsibility – confessing and showing remorse helps
- Cooperation – assisting prosecutors leads to greater leniency
An experienced attorney will present mitigating factors to the judge and strive for the most lenient sentence possible under the circumstances. This could involve a downward departure from guidelines.
Getting Help from an Experienced Federal Criminal Lawyer
Facing federal human trafficking charges is extremely serious. But skilled legal counsel can help protect your rights, build an aggressive defense, and achieve the most favorable outcome.
Don’t take chances with your future. Contact a respected federal criminal defense lawyer right away for a free case evaluation. An accomplished attorney will carefully examine the prosecution’s evidence, identify weaknesses, develop defense strategies, and start building your case today.
With an aggressive defense, charges could potentially be reduced or dismissed. Don’t wait to get experienced legal representation on your side. Your life and liberty are on the line – fight back with a top federal criminal lawyer.