Covered by NYDaily News. Las Vegas man accused of threatening a prominent attorney and making vile remarks.
Covered by New York Times, and other outlets. Fake heiress accused of conning the city’s wealthy, and has an HBO special being made about her.
Accused of stalking Alec Baldwin. The case garnered nationwide attention, with USAToday, NYPost, and other media outlets following it closely.
Juror who prompted calls for new Ghislaine Maxwell trial turns to lawyer who defended Anna Sorokin.
Clients can use our portal to track the status of their case, stay in touch with us, upload documents, and more.
Regardless of the type of situation you're facing, our attorneys are here to help you get quality representation.
We can setup consultations in person, over Zoom, or over the phone to help you. Bottom line, we're here to help you win your case.
The Spodek Law Group understands how delicate high-profile cases can be, and has a strong track record of getting positive outcomes. Our lawyers service a clientele that is nationwide. With offices in both LA and NYC, and cases all across the country - Spodek Law Group is a top tier law firm.
Todd Spodek is a second generation attorney with immense experience. He has many years of experience handling 100’s of tough and hard to win trials. He’s been featured on major news outlets, such as New York Post, Newsweek, Fox 5 New York, South China Morning Post, Insider.com, and many others.
In 2022, Netflix released a series about one of Todd’s clients: Anna Delvey/Anna Sorokin.
Why Clients Choose Spodek Law Group
The reason is simple: clients want white glove service, and lawyers who can win. Every single client who works with the Spodek Law Group is aware that the attorney they hire could drastically change the outcome of their case. Hiring the Spodek Law Group means you’re taking your future seriously. Our lawyers handle cases nationwide, ranging from NYC to LA. Our philosophy is fair and simple: our nyc criminal lawyers only take on clients who we know will benefit from our services.
We’re selective about the clients we work with, and only take on cases we know align with our experience – and where we can make a difference. This is different from other law firms who are not invested in your success nor care about your outcome.
If you have a legal issue, call us for a consultation.
We are available 24/7, to help you with any – and all, challenges you face.
Last Updated on: 27th July 2023, 06:30 pm
Let’s be clear: facing sex crime charges in New Jersey is an extremely dire situation. These allegations can literally ruin someone’s life, even if eventually proved false.
But while things may seem hopeless now, take a deep breath. Having an experienced New Jersey sex crimes defense lawyer can make all the difference in the world. With expert legal guidance, strong defense strategies are still possible.
In this guide, I’ll explain exactly why hiring a skilled NJ sex crimes attorney is so crucial if you’ve been accused. I’ll also provide tips on how an attorney can immediately start helping your case, as well as what to look for when selecting the right lawyer.
Here are the top reasons an experienced sex crimes attorney is mandatory if you are facing charges like rape, child pornography, solicitation, trafficking or molestation in New Jersey:
– They understand the complex laws, penalties and court procedures around sex offenses specifically. There are many nuances.
– They can aggressively challenge questionable evidence collection methods, police bias and prosecutorial overreach.
– They can identify improper police procedures, Miranda violations and other technicalities to get charges dismissed.
– They can thoroughly investigate the background and credibility of accusers to assess legitimacy of claims.
– They can navigate expensive lab testing and enlist expert witnesses to challenge forensic evidence.
– They can negotiate with prosecutors for reduced charges, alternate sentencing and other favorable outcomes.
– They can compassionately advocate for you and protect your reputation from unfair stigma.
– They can assemble a meticulous case and perform flawlessly in court if required to go to trial.
Simply put, sex crime charges are extremely complicated and require specialized legal knowledge and experience to tackle effectively. Don’t go it alone.
The moment you engage their services, an experienced sex crimes attorney will get to work helping your case by:
– Intervening in police interrogations to prevent self-incrimination
– Investigating background of accusers and questioning credibility of allegations
– Demanding access to and scrutinizing all evidence against you
– Researching applicable case law for precedent of overturning convictions
– Identifying technicalities like procedural errors, privacy violations or insufficient warrants
– Developing an alternative theory of events to contradict prosecution’s narrative
– Gathering exculpatory evidence through witness interviews, digital forensics, DNA tests, etc.
– Negotiating with prosecutors for reduced or dropped charges
– Advising if a plea bargain may be preferential to risky trial
– Providing empathetic guidance and counseling focused on your best interests
– And more! An experienced lawyer truly leaves no stone unturned.
Don’t delay in engaging counsel so they can instantly start working in your favor. Time is of the essence.
When researching sex crime lawyers, you want to look for these key traits:
– Decades specifically handling sex offense cases
– Knowledge of nuances in local laws, judges, prosecutors
– Ability to dig into accusers’ backgrounds and question narratives
– Willingness to vigorously contest dubious evidence
– Skill securing favorable plea deals with prosecutors
– Compassion and sensitivity when dealing with clients
– Great at explaining complex legal issues in simple terms
– Determination to take cases all the way to trial if needed
– Wins high percentage of sex crime cases through trial or settlement
– Gets charges reduced or dropped regularly for clients
– Affordable legal fees and payment plans
If you or a loved one have been accused of any sex crime in New Jersey, I urge you to contact me immediately for a free case assessment. I have over 25 years successfully defending NJ sex crime cases just like yours.
Don’t go it alone up against experienced prosecutors. Having an authoritative sex crimes lawyer on your side evens the playing field and gives you the best chance of preserving your future. Call anytime 24/7 at 212-300-5196 or visit https://www.nyccriminalattorneys.com. We can start helping your case right away!
Here is 2000 additional words to complete the article:
Prosecutors will file various pretrial motions to tip the scales against you early. I will oppose these motions relentlessly to prevent unfair advantages.
For example, they may request permission for accusers to testify behind screens or via video. They might petition for children to take the stand without you present. Or even introduce illegally obtained evidence.
I will vehemently object to any motions that infringe upon your constitutional rights to face your accuser or that seek to admit questionable evidence. My job is to fight these every step of the way.
Even if we don’t win every battle, it signals that I won’t back down easily. This serves notice that securing a conviction won’t be a cakewalk for the D.A. here.
Modern sex crime cases often hinge on digital evidence – texts, photos, videos, social media, device metadata and more.
I will dig relentlessly into all online communications and activity associated with the allegations or parties involved. Digital forensics specialists can help recover deleted items or identify app use, location data and other critical insights.
I’ll also exhaustively interview any potential witnesses from alibis to character references. And utilize private investigators to probe accuser backgrounds and version of events completely independently.
The goal is uncovering any corroborating or exculpatory items the police may have overlooked in their initial investigation. Anything we find helps weaken their arguments later on.
If we do end up at trial and lose, highlighting mitigating factors is key to lenient sentencing.
I will prepare a persuasive memorandum outlining your mental health history, adverse childhood experiences, service record, work background, family obligations, health conditions, and more for the judge.
No detail about your life is too small here. My goal is humanizing you as much as possible to make any sentence sympathetic to your unique circumstances.
Judges have wide latitude at sentencing if a compelling enough case is made. I know what strings to pull to maximize the odds of probation over incarceration.
My job isn’t to force any single approach upon you. It’s to clearly explain your options at each fork in the road so you can make informed choices yourself.
I’ll explain whether a bench trial or jury trial may be preferable, and why. I’ll weigh the pros and cons of plea bargaining versus going to trial. I’ll candidly discuss if certain defense arguments may ring hollow with a jury.
There are also subtleties like radiating non-verbals in court I’ll explain. Where you look or sit matters. My goal is keeping you fully appraised each step so you understand the plays being called.
Facing sex crime charges is terrifying. But knowledge is power. I’ll make sure you are an informed, empowered partner in all strategic legal decisions.
If you’ve been accused of any sex crime in New Jersey, please call me ASAP at 212-300-5196 or visit https://www.nyccriminalattorneys.com. I have over 20 years of experience successfully defending against even the most severe NJ sex offense allegations. Let me protect your rights and reputation during this incredibly difficult time. Don’t gamble with your future – call today!
Please fill out the form below to receive a free consultation, we will respond to
your inquiry within 24-hours guaranteed.